- I know our temperatures and conditions are nothing compared to where some of you live but I'm cold and over the winter! We've had sleet, freezing rain, no sunshine and snow over the last week. I don't mind the cold so much as the general dreariness. I'm ready for Spring.
- My birthday is 38 days away. Wow, that puts things in perspective! I've updated my 30 before 30 list here so you can see my progress. I better get cracking!
- There are so many great Valentine's Day ideas out in the blogosphere. I believe love + romance should be celebrated year round but I admit the abundence of pink, red and white do make my heart flutter a bit. Here are three of my faves: 1, 2, 3
- CSNstores generously gave me a credit to spend and used it on a Breville Juicer. I'd like to learn more about healthy juices to whip up, especially with veggies. Do you have any favorite recipes and/or books for me to check out?
- As a child I was an avid reader. I remember no matter where I went I always had a book with me. I loved Sweet Valley Twins and Sweet Valley High. I think I still have a box or two filled with my collection of the series in my parents' attic. Did you read Fracine Pascal's books too? An adult version of the beloved books is in the works and will be released on March 29th. I can't wait to read Sweet Valley Confidential and see what the girls are up to these days.
- Last week I stumbled unto a beauty must have: Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure. It was on a display at the drug store and I nonchalantly checked out it and fell in love. I purchased "Shall We Dance" and the hue is barely noticeable on my nails but it is just nude enough to give me a manicured look. The brush is really unique and works well and the polish dries really fast. Best part it leaves your nails uber shiny, just like from the salon. Love it! Get some now!
- Did you know there is an official "Random Acts of Kindness Week?" I just learned of it and thought I'd share. Next week is RAK Week and if you visit the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation's website you'll find lots of ideas on how to participate. I'm pretty excited about it!
- I'm really loving stripes for spring. I'll take one of these and one of these too please. :-)
- I've been designing and designing lately and putting my graphic design degree to use. Wedding invitations, shower invitations, illustrations, etc. It has been quite fun!
- This week I spent some time going through old photos for a decor project I'm working on. This just reiterated my love for photography. So many moments are captured in time for generations to come--what a great art form!
- Getting thank you notes in the mail is the best! I need to get better about sending them and sending them for every little thing. You cannot say "thank you" enough.
- I'm love, love, loving all of the nude colors at the award shows these days. Some of my faves are above. I don't think I could pull off so little color though, since I'm pale. Eek!
- This year's Superbowl was not nearly as fun for me as last years. ;-) But I did enjoy the Darth Vador commercial. Hilarious! What was your favorite commercial?