Today I'm grateful for kitchen, especially my kitchen. There's a reason people say the kitchen is the heart of a home. When we moved into our first house last year the kitchen helped sell us on the home and since then I've been baking and cooking up treats there. I'm so grateful to have a place to prepare meals and to have good foods to eat each day. So many around the world aren't so lucky...
Instead of featuring beautiful kitchen photos today (I figured I do that enough) I thought I'd post a couple facts about Heifer International who is trying to help those who hunger.
- focuses on building sustainable communities across the globe.
- teaches impoverished groups around the world how to protect and rejuvenate their land, water and other natural resources.
- gives hungry communities animals and tools to feed their members and keep them from going hungry again.
- teaches recipients animal welfare guidelines.
- hopes to end world hunger.
- accepts donations to further their mission.
- offers gift cards so you can donate in someone's name (a perfect gift this upcoming holiday season)
- can be found here if you want more info.
photos from Hiefer International