Hi GreatFull Day readers! I’m Melisa from The Lil Bee (a blog about design, photography, pop culture, and my favorite people) and Feather Report (a daily fashion blog and iPhone app based on the weather). Here’s a list of some of the things for which I am eternally grateful. Thank you, sweet Lindsey, for having me!
- My daughter, Devon
- Spanx (I’m a bit late to the game on this one, but supremely grateful, nonetheless, given my new post-baby bod)
- Family walks with my husband, daughter, and dogs
- The community of people that have come together in the wake of Haiti (I can only hope that we’ll keep this fire burning and make 2010 the year that we eradicate poverty once and for all)
- New York City (because it will always be my home)
- Being able to work from home and be with my little girl
- Coffee (does wonders for sleep deprivation)
- Coffee ice cream (doesn’t serve quite the same purpose as its predecessor, but I am quite grateful for it after a week’s worth of dieting)
- The friends I’ve made through blogging
- My husband’s cooking
- Frequent flyer miles (because even though I can’t afford a vacation right now, there may be a light at the end of the tunnel)
- Music (when I am stressed out, sad, happy, exercising, need motivation, or just plain bored, there is nothing quite as uplifting as singing my heart out to my favorite songs)
I could go on, but I’ll end this list with one final note: I am grateful for moments like this, when I am asked to take a minute and think of the things that make me happy. It is so easy sometimes to take things for granted—family, fresh air, my body, my health, that there are children and families in this world who might never be blessed with the things I have in my life. I am thankful for people like Lindsey who remind me how important it is to just stop, take a deep breath, and appreciate all the wonderful things I have in my life.